Free basic legging pattern for girls, in sizes 3 to 14.
Leggings are definitely a must-have in every girl’s closet. They are great year-round and go with everything from dresses to tunics to tank tops. Plus they are just so much comfier than denim or other non-stretch fabrics!
This free legging pattern and tutorial is demonstrated with up-close photos and step-by-step instructions on how to sew a pair of leggings for your little one. (Return to the sewing instructions here.)
This basic legging pattern has a stretchy elastic waistband, only 2 seams, is snug fitting and the front is lower than the back for a perfect fit.
- Size Range: Girls, size 3 to 14.
- Skill Level: Intermediate Beginner
- Required fabric type: Stretchy knits
- Fabric Amounts:
- Sz 3 – 4: 3/4 yd
- Sz 5 to 8: 1 yd
- Sz 10 to 14: 1 1/4 yd
- 1 inch wide elastic
How Do I Get the Pattern?!?
- To receive the free pattern, click the “add to cart” button above. You will then be taken through the checkout process, (no payment info is asked for.) After the check-out process is complete you will see a button prompting you to download the pattern. You will also receive an email with the pattern download link.
- I only keep order records for 3 months, please download your free pattern immediately. Your download link is active for 5 downloads.
- If you need a fresh copy, you are welcome to revisit this page, enter your info and create/download a fresh copy.
- Receiving my free pattern will add you to our newsletter where I will share new sewing projects, pattern updates, recipes and all sorts of fun stuff on an almost weekly basis. (sometimes I’ll skip a week if there is nothing new to report. ? )
Still having trouble getting the pattern?
Check out my frequently asked questions page here: https://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/frequently-asked-questions/